Saturday, November 14, 2009

Fall Ride on the RD400



The weather was beautiful here today - sunny and 4C. I decided to take out the RD400 for, what could probably be, the last ride of the season. I decided to take along a video camera to get some footage of our excellent Newfoundland coastal roads.

I had seen directions online on how to set up a mounting bracket to hold a camera on a bike. I decided to ignore this good advice and do it my own way. My low-tech solution was to sit on the folded tripod with the camera in front of my chest. Needless to say, it was not a comfortable ride. I took an older, cheap camera in case I was to drop it, but dropping it was not the problem. Like many cameras, the 'go' button is on the rear of the camera. Unknown to me, each time I accelerated the camera would bump my chest and switch off... sigh.

Tomorrow I will have a look at those mounting brackets that seem to work so well for other people :P It was a nice ride though. Sorry I have nothing to share with you.

- Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment